RGTWS GT1 mod

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2728 by Ari Hämäläinen
Ari Hämäläinen created the topic: RGTWS GT1 mod
Hei,


This mod is much like GT3. RGTWS is one of the best GT1 mods I know of.

Cars: Alfa Romeo 156, Aston Martin DBR9, Audi R8, BMW M3, Chrysler Viper, Corvette C6R, Ferrari 550 Marinello, Koeningsegg CCGT, Lamborgini Murcielago R-GT,Listetr Storm, Maseratti MC12, Mercedes SLR, Nisan Skyliner, Porsche 997 Saleen S7R and Seat Cupra.


Link: www.mediafire.com/?kyzpcjzkclho3xd

Server name:~EOAA.ORG~
IP: 109.189.226.229:4000
Track: Watkins Glen GP V2
Server is up 24/7

:blush:

P1: GP1979 Season 1
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Ari Hämäläinen.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2729 by Tomasz Kawecki [king81]
Tomasz Kawecki [king81] replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
This one is much better than the previous you uploaded. The models are really nice, the sounds are good too... and it is fun to drive. However I see a couple of drawbacks:
- have you ever seen a real life series with those cars ?
- why does Alfa go 280 - the same as Koooenigggseggg ?
- there is no difference in car handling or performance - it seems like they have identical physics ... and what is the point of having so many cars with identical physics ? especially in most cases the cars that are not racing any more.

The physics are good however and sounds are nice too - but I would choose one car and do a cup series out of this mod - especially since it is a fantasy mod.

P2: BMW M1 ProCar US Champ
P1: DRM Season One
P2: WTCC BMW E90 - Drift Monsters
P3: DRM Season Two
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Tomasz Kawecki [king81].
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2730 by Ari Hämäläinen
Ari Hämäläinen replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
Hei,

I have some comments to your reply that you should think.

Mod is made to the league racing and you can host the cars that you like. You can choose cars according to your own wishes. If you like to race only GT1 cars from real life go for it.
Yes, all cars are equal. What is the point with GT3 mod when 70-90% of all drivers will use BMW or Porsche?

I find it strange that there is so little interest to use EOAA GT. Mod is Free to download, no cd check.Only 4 downloads :blush:
I think that people think that EOAA GT is the same as was used in GTliga. NO,IT IS NOT. Some bright brains changed the tires and this ruined the mod. EOAA GT cars has difrent aero, engine and tires. It is ment to be like that. :angry:

It takes many years to create new mod. Me and Richard spent 4 years in the making EOAA GT (2005-2009). This was as we got in return from rFactor forums: "Cars are not racing any more." :sick:

P1: GP1979 Season 1
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2731 by Tomasz Kawecki [king81]
Tomasz Kawecki [king81] replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
sure - but think about this - the last season of gtliga was on eoaa mod - pure without changes ... and the best results were made by K11 - and he played on keyboard and made the turning easier by some tricks of gear changing or something ... I did everything in the setup - every possible combination and i couldn't make my car turn - it was so understeery ...

In the GT3 mod I am able to do 1.40.xx in at least three cars - bmw, porsche and audi r8, tepek and Risto did 1.40.xx in Ferrari 458 - so you have at least 4 cars at the top - i am quite sure you can do similar times in other cars too - except maybe from mercedes.

whats the poing of making a championship on eoaa gt as the cars are not racing, the mod is so difficult to handle that it takes hours to set up the car and to learn it on the track ... because you have to learn it as it understeers dramatically ... here (GT3) you sit in a car and on default setup you do similar times on the track - and the most fighting is on the track against others - not against the car that simply doesn't want to turn in the turns...

P2: BMW M1 ProCar US Champ
P1: DRM Season One
P2: WTCC BMW E90 - Drift Monsters
P3: DRM Season Two
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Tomasz Kawecki [king81].
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2732 by K11
K11 replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod

Ari Hämäläinen wrote: I think that people think that EOAA GT is the same as was used in GTliga. NO,IT IS NOT. Some bright brains changed the tires and this ruined the mod.

Which version of EOAA-GT you mean?
There was 100% of EOAA-GT 1.07 in 2010 season (and 100% 1.06 in winter).
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2734 by Tomasz Kawecki [king81]
Tomasz Kawecki [king81] replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
from January 2010 - it was a great mod - I raced saleen all season.
( simracing.za.pl/reports/gt2010winter/WG-2/index.html )

then from June 2010 - it was so understeery that I have withdrawn from the season
( simracing.za.pl/reports/gt2010/BR/index.html )

P2: BMW M1 ProCar US Champ
P1: DRM Season One
P2: WTCC BMW E90 - Drift Monsters
P3: DRM Season Two
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2735 by Ari Hämäläinen
Ari Hämäläinen replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
Christ, if you can not setup S7R it dont mean that mod has understeer. Setups is one parth of racing. To you info is all cars made as real GT1 cars was back in 2004, suspension aero etc.

Tomasz Kawecki [king81] wrote: from January 2010 - it was a great mod - I raced saleen all season.
( simracing.za.pl/reports/gt2010winter/WG-2/index.html )

then from June 2010 - it was so understeery that I have withdrawn from the season
( simracing.za.pl/reports/gt2010/BR/index.html )


P1: GP1979 Season 1
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #2736 by Ari Hämäläinen
Ari Hämäläinen replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
As I wrote before if you can not setup the car it dont mean that it is the mod. EOAA GT is made as GT1 cars was in 2004. We got all info from teams. I can make all EOAA GT cars to turn smooth. No understeer what so ever. If you do not have time to spend and make setups maybe you should find yourself another hobby.

When you are looking times to GT3 mod dont look hotlaps. Do 27 laps race simulation. Cars like SLC is 30 seconds slower then BMW and Porsche. (Hotlap Z4, 997 1.39.7 is not egual 458 1.40,2)


Tomasz Kawecki [king81] wrote: sure - but think about this - the last season of gtliga was on eoaa mod - pure without changes ... and the best results were made by K11 - and he played on keyboard and made the turning easier by some tricks of gear changing or something ... I did everything in the setup - every possible combination and i couldn't make my car turn - it was so understeery ...

In the GT3 mod I am able to do 1.40.xx in at least three cars - bmw, porsche and audi r8, tepek and Risto did 1.40.xx in Ferrari 458 - so you have at least 4 cars at the top - i am quite sure you can do similar times in other cars too - except maybe from mercedes.

whats the poing of making a championship on eoaa gt as the cars are not racing, the mod is so difficult to handle that it takes hours to set up the car and to learn it on the track ... because you have to learn it as it understeers dramatically ... here (GT3) you sit in a car and on default setup you do similar times on the track - and the most fighting is on the track against others - not against the car that simply doesn't want to turn in the turns...


P1: GP1979 Season 1
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Ari Hämäläinen.
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2737 by Tomasz Kawecki [king81]
Tomasz Kawecki [king81] replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod

Ari Hämäläinen wrote: Christ, if you can not setup S7R it dont mean that mod has understeer. Setups is one parth of racing. To you info is all cars made as real GT1 cars was back in 2004, suspension aero etc.

I couldn't set any car up no to bee understeery ... only mc12 was the least understeery car.
Setup is part of racing - but should not be a major part of it. Racing teams go to tracks and have a couple of predefined setups and tune them according to a couple of practice laps - that's all. Even in F1. Tuning every screw and so on is only in MotoGP.
I am sure that mod was accurate - but the difference between 1.06 and 1.07 was VAST ! How could it change so much from year to year? Did you have the tire data from real life also? It is a great mod and it gave us a lot of fun - but now there are new cars in the GT and the EOAA is a vintage mod.

P2: BMW M1 ProCar US Champ
P1: DRM Season One
P2: WTCC BMW E90 - Drift Monsters
P3: DRM Season Two
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 7 months ago #2739 by Paweł Wróbel [djescape]
Paweł Wróbel [djescape] replied the topic: Re: RGTWS GT1 mod
I raced in GTLiga on EOAA mod, versions 1.06 and 1.07. I think I'm not a very good driver but there are many thinks I can see. Version 1.06 was very good. I fought with other drivers, not with car and propably didn't spent many hours on doing setup. Version 1.07, IN MY OPINION was a little bit unreal. Cars were too fast and aerodynamic: it was impossible to lost control in corners, but in this version I didn't spent many hours on doing setup.

I don't agree with Tomasz: EOAA mod was still good to fight in 1.07 version, maybe a little bit unreal, but I still think that 1.06 was better than 1.07.
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum